Intermediate German is designed for learners who have achieved basic proficiency and wish to progress to more complex language. Its 24 units present a broad range of grammatical topics, illustrated by examples which serve as models for varied exercises that follow. These exercises enable the student to master the relevant grammar points.
- authentic German, from a range of media, used throughout the book to reflect German culture, life and society
- illustrations of grammar points in English as well as German
- checklists at the end of each unit for consolidation
- cross-referencing to other grammar units in the book
- glossary of grammatical terminology
- full answer key to all exercises
Suitable for independent learners and students on taught courses, Intermediate German, together with its sister volume, Basic German, forms a structured course in the essentials of German.
Anna Miell is University Lecturer in German at the University of Westminster and at Trinity College of Music in Greenwich and works as a language consultant in London. Heiner Schenke is Senior Lecturer of German at the University of Westminster and has published a number of language books.