Basic German: A Grammar and Workbook comprises an accessible reference grammar and related exercises in a single volume.
It introduces German people and culture through the medium of the language used today, covering the core material which students would expect to encounter in their first years of learning German.
Each of the 28 units presents one or more related grammar topics, illustrated by examples which serve as models for the exercises that follow. These wide-ranging and varied exercises enable the student to master each grammar point thoroughly.
Basic German is suitable for independent study and for class use.
- Clear grammatical explanations with examples in both English and German
- Authentic language samples from a range of media
- Checklists at the end of each Unit to reinforce key points
- Cross-referencing to other grammar chapters
- Full exercise answer key
- Glossary of grammatical termsBasic German is the ideal reference and practice book for beginners but also for students with some knowledge of the language.
Heiner Schenke is Senior Lecturer in German at the University of Westminster and Karen Seago is Course Leader for Applied Translation at the London Metropolitan University.