Migration advice for adult immigrants in Germany

Migration advice for adult immigrants in Germany

The employees at the migration advice service for adult immigrants (Migrationsberatung für erwachsene Zuwanderer – MBE) will be pleased to help you nd a solution to your problems – quickly and without too much bureaucracy. They will support you from your rst day in Germany and know how to help you when you have questions, for example, about the following issues:

  • Learning German
    (e.g.: Where can I learn German? Do I have to pay for the course myself?)
  • School and career
    (e.g.: Will my school-leaving quali cations or my training be recognised? How and where can I nd work?)
  • Housing
    (e.g.: How do I find accommodation? How much does accommodation cost?)
  • Health (e.g.: Do I need health insurance? Which doctor can I go to?)

Marriage, family and raising children (e.g.: Who will help me during pregnancy? How can I find advice about marital problems?)

Solving problems together

The advisors normally understand your language and are familiar with your culture and the problems and challenges you might face settling into life in Germany. After a private conversation with them, they will help you to develop a plan to quickly settle in to daily life in Germany. Your own skills and knowledge are your most important resources here and form the focus of the advisory session. They will also tell you about support programmes available and how you can use these, including chances to learn German. Our advisors also check whether you are eligible to attend state-funded integration and orientation courses or other programmes to assist integration.

Migration advice for adult immigrants is free of charge at all times.

Where can I find immigration advice?

There are migration advice offices in many German cities. The following organisations offer free immigration advice:

  • Arbeiterwohlfahrt (AWO – Workers’ Welfare Association)
  • Caritas Germany
  •  Diakonie (Social Welfare Organisation of the Protestant Church in Germany)
  • Paritätischer Wohlfahrtsverband (Association of Welfare Organisations)
  • Deutsches Rotes Kreuz (German Red Cross)
  • Zentralwohlfahrtsstelle der Juden in Deutschland (Central Jewish Welfare Of ce in Germany)
  • Bund der Vertriebenen (Association of Displaced Immigrants)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these <abbr title="HyperText Markup Language">HTML</abbr> tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.